Services offered by Salford Forum for Refugees and People Seeking Asylum
- Signposting refugees and asylum seekers to other service providers and organisations, the Forum works in partnership with; Refugee Action, Salford NHS, the Seedley and Langworthy Trust, the Rainbow Haven Project and other community & voluntary organisations.
- Campaigning about issues raised by the Forum members.
- Organising regular meetings with our members to share information and raise awareness on issues affecting our members’ lives such as immigration, race hate crime, local services etc.
- Organising community events in partnership with other local community groups promoting diversity and contributing to community cohesion. At these events our members prepare & present a selection of African food along with African dance and music.
- Organising & delivering awareness raising training such as hate crime awareness training for refugees and asylum seekers. This training is also provided for indigenous communities.
- Organising & delivering refugee awareness training to mainstream service providers, schools and local community groups etc.
- Participating in local sports activities such as football tournaments.
- Promoting & advocating joint working practices with mainstream service providers such as Salford City Council and other voluntary and statutory organisations.
- Representing the Forum at decision making structures such as Community Committee and other local forum meetings.
- University Of Salford
- L501 Allerton Building
- Frederick Road
- M6 6PU
- Tel: 00000000
- email: Enquiries
9am to 6pm
'Our Regular Meetings'
1st and 3rd Saturday of every month
10.30am - 12.30 pm
Pendleton Gateway Library
Black History Month - Oct 2011